Thursday, June 7, 2007

Making Use of ALEX

When I begin teaching, I know that I will use ALEX as an important resource for my classroom. The ease with which I can find lesson plans geared toward any subject and grade level is invaluable. And since the site is for Alabama teachers, it has only the curriculum I need. I will be able to find not only educational lesson plans, but fun activities to supplement them as well. The professional development and grant opportunities will allow me flexibility for learning and growing.
The personal workspace will help me to establish a web page so that I can keep my students and parents aware of what's happening in the classroom. I will encourage the students to use ALEX by suggesting weblinks, projects, and activities that supplement their learning in a fun and interactive way. They can also find a ton of reference sites to help them in any subject.

1 comment:

Jennifer Schwartz said...

Having this site for students may help them when they have to write papers in school as well. Now instead of just using the search engine on Yahoo, they can try this website's links first. It might save them time.